Monday, November 3, 2008

Chickadee WIP II

I was going to get by easy with just a wet in wet background until Rhonda asked the simple question in the previous post - "Are you going to add leaves?" The chickadee already had masking on it just waiting for the background (that is why is looks a little bit fuzzy in this picture). Knowing that it would look better with leaves but scared to draw them I guess I needed a little push. I went out and studied my pear tree which is just starting to put on some autumn color and gave it a try. Thanks Rhonda! It will be next weekend before I have time to finish the background but I certainly will be much happier with the finished painting.

3 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

I love the granulating texture of these leaves and, as for the chickadee, it looks about perfect! How are you liking working on the Aquaboard? I will always think of that as clayboard, textured, I am afraid! I like the board very well and think you have a good handle on using it.

RH Carpenter said...

WOW! What a beautiful setting for this cute little chickadeedeedee :) Well done!

Vicki Greene said...

Thanks Susan and Rhonda! Rhonda thanks for the push. I am pleased with the leaves once I got over the initial panic of having to draw them. Susan I haven't quite obtained a comfort level with the claybord but I keep coming back to it. It is very different from WC paper but there are things that I really like about it.