Monday, January 12, 2009

Thanks Deb

I received my free painting from Deb Ward, http://debwardart.blogspot.com/ Thanks Deb. I love it. The reds of the flag are so clear and bright and I love the shadows. I will take a picture to share when the weather permits with decent lighting.






I have started a watercolor and will include a picture although it is not at a point that you can tell a lot about it. This one will be slow in progress due to the fact that my colored pencil class is taking up all of my time for homework.

The watercolor is of a little side street in Croatia. My friend, Cindy, took this picture while on vacation there because she knew I would love it.






4 comments:

debwardart said...

So glad you liked it!
My daughter went to Croatia a few years ago - and stayed at a town (Pula?) on the Adriatic Sea - they called it the "riviera". I was blown away by the beauty of the place.
Can't wait to see more of this painting. I know it will be gorgeous.
How's the colored pencil class coming along - are you the "star student"!!!

Vicki Greene said...

Thanks Deb! I hope I can capture some of that beauty on paper. Thanks for asking about the colored pencil class. It is even more difficult that I had anticipated but I am just trying to learn as much as possible.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Hi Vicki - look forward to see the progress of the Croatian painting. You seem ahead of me by almost a month as for my next Workshop my members asked to learn about watercolour pencils - so I have had to practice them these past few days to remind myself how versatile they are. Hope you are enjoying the class. Are we going to see some of your class and homework pieces?? please !!

Vicki Greene said...

Thanks Joan! I will share some homework pieces, I promise, but if you laugh I will hear you. (smile)