Friday, August 7, 2009

Pears in Colored Pencil WIP I



I though I would share a WIP with you. This one is in colored pencil so it will be slow. The top picture is the reference photo and it was taken in direct sunshine which washed the pears out a bit.
I am attempting to correct that as I work on the pears. I also will get some color put in throughout the entire painting and then do a final adjusting of colors. The first wip photo shows approx. 4-6 hours work. If you have questions I will be glad to try to answer them but keep in mind that I am new to working with colored pencil so much of what I do is by just giving it a try.










7 comments:

Candy said...

It'll be fun to watch this one as you progress. So far, it looks great!

Christine Perry | Graphite Art said...

This is a nice still life picture, and you've got a good start on the drawing. I will be watching the progression of your work.
Would it be possible to list the colors you are using in the different steps??

Judith Angell Meyer said...

Wonderful start. This has been a favorite photo. Wish I could make color pencils work for me. I need a lesson too??

RH Carpenter said...

No comment other than it's looking good and your patience is something I'm envious of!!

Vicki Greene said...

Thanks Candy, Christine, Judith and Rhonda. Christine I will be glad to post the colors that I am using. I should post another picture tomorrow and will do so then. Judith I took Alyona Nickelsen's beginning class over the internet last year www.brushandpencil.com and have her book "Colored Pencil Painting Bible" so now I am just trying to practice and learn.

Micah Neff said...

Can't wait to see this when it's done,they look juicy!

Vicki Greene said...

Thanks Micah!