Monday, April 19, 2010

A Couple of WIPs

I have been working very hard the last few weeks with my painting but just didn't seem to make much progress.  I am posting a couple that I have been working on and hope to finish soon. You should be able to click on the picture to see a larger version.


I had started on "Walk This Way" last weekend and it went downhill fast and was thrown away.  I have restarted and I think that I am at least improving over the first try.  The photo is from Morguefile and I am doing this one in watercolor.




The snow leopard is a photo from WetCanvas and I have been working on it off and on since the first of the year and I do believe that I just might finish it in my lifetime - lol.  I still have a very long way to go on it but progress is being made.  The background is india ink and watercolor and the leopard is colored pencil. Once I have finished the body, I will go back and check the eyes.  I think they need a bit more shading at the top.

13 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Vicki, you have been doing some great work!
I like everything in the first painting: the texture in the foreground, the light on the feet!

The second painting has a stunning background; I love the texture that you have achieved with the combination of ink and watercolor. The leopard's eyes are already very lifelike and have an almost hypnotic look.

Well done!

Laure Ferlita said...

GREAT start on Walk This Way! I love where you're at! Can't wait to see more.

The second one is going to be killer too! Love the india ink!

Krista Hasson said...

Wow! these are going to be fantastic. I love the blue granular in the rocks can't wait to see these done.

Teresa Mallen said...

I especially like the shadows in the top piece and the background is fantastic in the leopard one. Looking forward to seeing more of the cp work! :-)

Vicki Greene said...

Thank you so much Christiane, Laure, Krista and Teresa. I appreciate the support and encouragement.

debwardart said...

I agree - you have captured the "wetness of the water" (if that makes sense!) in "Walk This Way" and I can tell that dog is going to be causing some mischief soon! On the leopard, I would never have thought to combine ink and watercolor that way, but the texture it created is amazing. And yes, the eyes are fantastic - I can feel him! Keep going, you are doing great, and I trust that you will complete this sometime before the end of the year!!!!! In looking at both of these I'm wondering to myself "why do I think I can paint??".
Great Job(s)!!!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Vicki, your work is outstanding, can't wait to see the completed painting. All the best.

Vicki Greene said...

Thank you so much Deb. You are such a great source of encouragement, inspiration and information and I admire your work so much so your comment makes me feel very special.
Joan, thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to look and comment.

Barbra Joan said...

Vicki. This is going to be outstanding, just keep at it even if it goes slow you'll get there. I am at such a standstill between my computer needing a doctor and life getting in the way of my art . geez, I think this is called whining? ya think?

Vicki Greene said...

Thanks Barbra Joan! Sounds like you don't have time to whine - use that time to paint.

RH Carpenter said...

I'm liking both of these and think you will have them both nailed soon. Love the look of the ink and watercolor in the leopard painting. I enjoyed clicking both and seeing them larger, especially the eyes of the leopard - wow!!

Micah Neff said...

Whoa, Vicki has been a busy girl...these are looking fantastic :) Really like the look achieved with the colour pencil and watercolour and ink...that's neat looking. Can't wait to see them both done!

Vicki Greene said...

Thanks so much Rhonda and Micah.