Monday, February 11, 2013



















I have made a bit of progress on the cat but it seems that this past week was not to be one for painting. I was overtaken with interruptions and am actually pleased that I accomplished any painting at all.  Sometimes when I am working on a larger piece (yes 10x10 inch is large for me) I can only look at it for so long without needing a break so I started another small cat painting (5x5 inch) to give my brain a resting place.

I also am posting a picture of my wolf that I finished recently because I won 1st place in the painting category at the ALNF's 8th Annual Member Art Show and I wanted to share that with my blogging buddies. 

This coming week isn't looking any better for painting time but I will try to grab a few minutes here and there.

Photo Credit: Cat in Window - goingslo on flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/goingslo/8235924877/in/photostream

Photo Credit: Undercover Cat - Vijay Sonar

9 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Congradulations on your wolf painting!
You and I are different in our "likes". I love to paint larger. I get antsy and a bit bored doing some thing small. :)

Sandra said...

Hi Vicki

Your painting is really coming along. I love the little cat in the pot too. Congrats on the Wolf, it is stunning.

Vicki Greene said...

Thanks Kathryn. You make the larger pieces look easy.
Thank you Sandra!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Vicki, you are so deserving of this award for your wolf is just the best wolf painting I have ever seen. Don't worry about not being able to paint much I find that if I force myself to sit down and paint when there are too many other distractions my muse refuses to come out and play.

Debbie Nolan said...

Vickie - You so deserve the 1st place award - your paintings are so beautiful. Never noticed before how small they are. Such detailed work in a little format is so impressive. Love that kitty. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki Greene said...

Thanks so much Susan and Debbie.

renate said...

Hello Vicky:) Your cat is coming along very beautifully! My cat is always standing the same way as he wants to come in the house.

Congratulations on your wolf painting. So beautiful!

Laura Leeder said...

Congratulations on first place Vicki! A well deserved award.
Slow and steady wins the race!

Vicki Greene said...

Thank you Renate & Laura. It is amazing what you can accomplish a little bit at a time.