Monday, July 28, 2008

Desert Rose WIP - VIII










A couple of photos showing work on the leaves. I wet the main leaf and added a touch of green down the middle so that the vein would not be bright white. Then I started with one side putting in UM Blue and dropping in a bit of the green mixture at the edge.
I had a wonderful time with the "class" today. They were great even though I had not finished the painting we got another one started. Jeanne took her painting home to continue to work with it and Sue decided to have a relaxing day and just watched and read art magazines. We had a nice lunch, painted a bit more and called it a day. It was very nice to have a couple of other artist out to paint and talk painting.
I will continue working on this and posting until it is finished and maybe Jeanne will let me post hers also.

No comments: